Labor Day, which is typically marked on the first Monday in September, honors the contributions and accomplishments of American workers. The labor movement started in the late 19th century, and it was declared a federal holiday in 1894.
In 2022, labor day is celebrated on September 5th and the Goodwill Organisation has rescheduled the working hours of all their outlets in tribute to the laborers. Let us have a look at it!
On this Labor Day, Goodwill joins family, friends, and members of your community in celebrating working people and the accomplishments of the labor movement. Labor Day both remembers and celebrates the causes we have fought for in the past. We are more powerful as a unit.
Throughout the province, labor councils are hosting activities this weekend. For times and places, see the list below, or get in touch with the council in your neighborhood.
Enjoy Labor Day!
On Monday, September 5th, several Goodwill Industries of San Diego County stores will operate with modified hours in commemoration of Labor Day. Visit our locations page to see our usual operating hours.
Retail Stores, Bookstores, And Clearance Center
Labor Day hours for all Goodwill San Diego retail locations, bookstores, and our clearance center are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On Labor Day, both of our outlets—Otay Mesa and San Ysidro—will be open as usual.
Centers For Employment:
On Labor Day, our Community Employment Centers will be closed.
Centers For Donation
- La Mesa – 4224 Spring Street, La Mesa 91941
- Los Coches – 13588 Camino Canada, El Cajon 92021
- Oceanside – 1928 South Moreno Street, Oceanside 92054
- Sorrento Valley – 9949 Vista Sorrento Parkway, San Diego 92121
Open Regular Hours (8:30AM – 5PM)
- Amaya – 5627 Amaya Drive, La Mesa 91942
- Bonita – 2300 Sweetwater Road, National City 91950
- Carmel Valley – 12791 Sorrento Valley Road, San Diego 92130
- La Costa – 710 La Costa Avenue, Encinitas 92024
- Lakeside – 12522 Mapleview Street, Lakeside 92040
- Mira Mesa – 9756 Mira Mesa Boulevard, San Diego 92126
- Oceanside College – 3978 Haymar Drive, Oceanside 92056
- Rancho Peñasquitos – 10060 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego 92129
- Telegraph Canyon – 495 Telegraph Canyon Road, Chula Vista, 91910
Open Modified Hours (10am – 5pm)
- Escondido Felicita – 1815A S Center City Parkway, Escondido 92025
- Rancho San Diego – 2650 Jamacha Road #149, El Cajon 92019
- Rosecrans- 3663 Rosecrans Street, San Diego 92110
- Serra Mesa – 3232 Greyling Drive, Suites A&B, San Diego 92123
- Tierrasanta – 10601 Tierrasanta Blvd #L-M, San Diego 92124
- University City – 4023 Governor Drive, San Diego 92122
Goodwill Industries International Inc., also known as Goodwill (stylized as goodwill) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization in the United States that offers job training, employment placement assistance, and other community-based programs for persons who face work-related challenges.
Additionally, veterans and those with employment issues or lack of education are hired by Goodwill Industries. A network of 3,200+ retail thrift stores that also function as autonomous nonprofits fund the organization.
With 165 regional Goodwill retail locations in the United States and Canada, Goodwill Industries operates as a network of independent, community-based organizations in South Korea, Venezuela, Brazil, Mexico, Panama, Uruguay, the United States, and eight other nations.
It was first known as Goodwill in 1915 and gradually grew after its foundation in 1902.
Goodwill organizations made $6.1 billion in revenue during the 2018 fiscal year, of which $5.27 billion was used for charitable services and $646 million for wages and other running costs. Services accounted for 89 percent of the costs. More than 37 million people were reached by the organization in 2015, and more than 312,000 of them were given jobs.
A hand up, not a handout, is Goodwill’s motto. Teaching people the skills to achieve personal stability—abilities like job readiness and professional training—is a key component of our goal. Everybody’s definition of personal stability is unique, which is why Goodwill Northern New England offers services and support in the areas of healthcare, employment, and cleanliness to assist anyone in achieving stability.