DC Universe said that some movies’ release dates would be moved back because of problems with how they were made. Some of the movies that have been pushed back are Shazam!, The Flash, Black Adam and Aquaman, and The Lost Kingdom. Fans who have been waiting a long time to see these movies now have to wait longer. They hope that the wait will be worth it.
In this case, Aquaman 2 won’t come out until March 17, 2023, instead of December 16, 2022. The film’s director talked about the problem and explained why the movie wasn’t out yet. He also said that this movie would be amazing and worth waiting for.
Since it was set to come out at the same time as Avatar 2, many fans think that the studio doesn’t want to compete with the blockbuster. But Wan has now said something about it, explaining why the movie has been delayed.
- Extraction 2 Release Date On Netflix, Cast, Plot, And Trailer News
- 365 Days 3 Release Date Already Been Confirmed By Netflix For Late 2022?
Aquaman 2 Delayed Release date
In December 2018, Mary Poppins Returns, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and Bumblebee all came out in theaters. However, Aquaman was the best of the bunch. So, it’s not surprising that Warner Bros. had planned for the sequel to come out in December.
The original date for Aquaman 2’s release was December 16, 2022. This was almost four years after the first movie came out and just a few weeks after The Flash movie.
But because of the Covid-19 pandemic, delays in the VFX department have caused Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom to be pushed back. It will now come out in theaters on March 17, 2023.
Aquaman 2 has been delayed to March 17, 2023. pic.twitter.com/qHMy4eFCAk
— Film Updates (@FilmUpdates) March 9, 2022
While most of the first movie was shot on Australia’s Gold Coast, most of Aquaman 2 was shot in the UK. However, since all of the underwater scenes were shot in a studio using sophisticated harnesses, it shouldn’t make much difference to how the movie looks.
Some scenes of Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom were also shot in Malibu, director James Wan said in an Instagram post in January 2022 announcing the end of principal photography:
Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom: What is Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom about?
Wan said at the DC FanDome in August 2020, “The next one is a little more real and a little more relevant to the world we live in now.” Most of the time, that’s where it should go.”
Fans who like the movie for its cliched fun were worried when signs of a different tone started to show up. However, Wan’s reluctance to move forward until the story and structure were great should give fans strong confidence.
Wan said a little more about why he wanted the spin-off to go in a different direction.
“Well, didn’t the first movie surprise a lot of people?” And part of the reason is that they are new to comic books, which run this strange, bloody world…
People were surprised that I didn’t just throw everything away and make a dark, depressing movie. Anyhow, I didn’t think that would have made sense. So, I think the next picture will make it easier for people to understand where we’re going since I’ve already set the groundwork.”
The producer also talked about his ideas for the movie, citing the Italian horror classic Planet of the Vampires from 1965. Wan has also dropped hints about Necros, which is the name of the lost country of Atlantis. If you’ve read the comic, you know that Atlantis destroyed Necrus and it’s now gone. But because of the wonders of innovation, it goes away and comes back in many places.
- Hunger Games Prequel Movie Confirmed For 2023, Release Date Revealed, But Cast Remains Mystery
- Zootopia 2 Release Date Update, Trailer, And Everything You Need To Know!
Who has been cast in Aquaman 2?
- Aquaman, who is played by Jason Momoa, is back as the King of Atlantis. Momoa said on Instagram that he would cut or style his hair again the day before he started filming in London.
- Khal Curry just showed off another costume for the next movie. Watchers could switch between the expensive gold and green protective layer that was found after Aquaman and the new, sleeker, more secretive outfit. Wan said that the suite is “Atlantic tech based on the ability of cephalopods to hide.”
- Amber Heard plays Mera, the Atlantean who can control water, over and over again. Even though there was a lot of legal and media talk about it. Heard kept doing her part when Zack Snyder’s Justice League needed more recordings, and she will do it again for Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II plays Dark Manta, an enemy of Aquaman who is human. Also, he is said to have said in a meeting, “In Aquaman, we only got a short prologue to Black Manta and some of his targets.”
- Orm, played by Patrick Wilson, will be back. Wilson posted a picture of a sweat outline that was taken in April. Aquaman isn’t the only one who looks different. Director James Wan showed the first look at Orm, who looks more like a buff Cast Away than an Ocean Master—tanned, fit, and strangely on land.
- King Nereus of Xebel, played by Dolph Lundgren, will be back. He is one of the Seven Kingdoms of Atlantis, and Arthur’s real father is Temuera Morrison.