How to Change Background on Instagram Story?
The purpose of having Instagram and loving the aesthetics in photos and videos to post is quite reasonable.
Social media has evolved in a virtual world where no one loves the boring, flat, and plain stuff.
Anyone with an Instagram account has ways of telling a story by having something beautiful – filters and edits included.
The idea is to present to the online public the essence of great snaps and reels, creating a memory to look back on someday, when all things are great, bright, and beautiful, thanks to the Instagram editing tools.
The app is ultimately flexible to the extent that even the background and everything else around it can be modified, fixed, and changed.
For instance, if you simply want to change the color of the backdrop, that is quite easy. Should you want to change it into a view that would look as if your photo has been shot somewhere else, that is still possible.
Or, if you are much into detail, you can even incorporate a third-party app and make the changes prior to uploading it in your Insta.
Here are a few guides you can work around.
Changing Instagram Story Background Color
It is normal for an Instagram user to make changes to the background, the theme, or almost any other aspect of a Story worth sharing.
When you decide to spend time making your IG stories beautiful before they hit live, it’s all on you.
In the first place, this is all about telling the social world what’s going on about you. Assuming you are now logged in to your Instagram account, look for the + icon which is normally at the other end of where your username is. It is at the upper right-hand side, right next to the three horizontal lines which are actually the menu.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click on +.
- It will display a Dashboard where you have the option to Create a Post, Reel, Story, Story Highlight, or Live.
- Naturally, tap on Story.
- If this is the first time you are doing this, a prompt will ask you to allow the app access to your storage. It goes something like “Allow Instagram to access photos and media on your device?” If you Don’t Allow, you cannot move forward and perform the task. Otherwise, you will be redirected to another prompt asking if you would allow Instagram to take pictures and record videos. When you tap Allow on the first prompt, the second prompt will give you three options: While using the app, only one time, or Don’t Allow at all.
- Considering you chose While using the app, you must now be looking at your phone gallery.
- If you already have the photo saved, scan through it and Tap on it once.
- Tap on the Pen icon.
- Choose the color you want. Swipe back and forth until you decide on which one.
- Tap and hold the pen. Press it longer in the middle of the background. It’s supposed to change the background by now.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can simply repeat the process.
Changing Instagram Story Background With A View
To perform this task, it is not as far from when you are changing the background color. There is not that much difference. In fact, you just repeat the first few steps.
Let’s say, for instance, you have done Steps 1-5 of the above, you simply have to continue as follows.
- Scan through your Phone Gallery.
- Choose the image that you want to be posted on your Instagram Story.
- Down below, tap on the Copy Photo Option from the menu.
- Go back to the Instagram Story you’ve been working on.
- Tap on the Add Sticker icon which you can find at the bottom left side of your device screen. This will enable you to have a different background.
Changing Instagram Story Background With A Third Party App
You must have a third-party photo or video editing application downloaded earlier in order to do this. You can try Canva.
This has been used by Instagram users and digital marketers, so far, as this has millions of pre-made screens, themes, and backgrounds
Now, assuming you have completed the app download, move forward with the following.
- Open the app on your phone and upload the photo you want to modify.
- Choose an Instagram Story template available normally on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Down below, you can see the Background. Tap on it.
- A wide variety of landscape patterns, gradients, and abstracts will show up. Click on the one you want to replace the existing photo with.
- Now, down the same menu, click on upload.
- Once you are directed to your device Photo Gallery, choose the photo, and which background you want to change. The app will upload it. Tap on it once the upload is complete. It will position itself right in front of the background you have chosen.
- You can still make changes. Just toggle on the same menu icons at the left pane until you come up satisfied with your choice.
- Download the image once finalized.
- Now, go ahead and tap forward to the Instagram app on your phone.
- As you would normally do when you upload, click on Instagram Story.
- Be creative with emojis, stickers, additional text and audio, anything. This is when you customize or personalize your work.
- Click Share. Work is done.
Being creative is not that difficult with Instagram.
All things are possible with the app.
Instagram music not available? It’s fixable, just like everything else.
Knowing anyone can make changes to every image or video they take, it would not be too difficult to create content and post it on your Instagram Story. Ready-made features function as all-time available digital assistants.
Changing a thing or two, anytime you want to, and posting it right for the online public or your social media friends to see.
All you ever need to do is familiarize the app, experiment with the icons, and get away with your story beautification project.