Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is coming to a console or personal computer near you soon, straight from a galaxy far, far away.
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the latest installment in the TT Games’ Lego Star Wars franchise, and we now have a release date for the game: April 5, 2022, after a number of delays.
A new Lego Star Wars game has been announced for release in 2017, following 2016’s The Force Awakens. It is expected to be the most ambitious installment yet, as it will cover all nine of the original Star Wars films while also providing players with access to hundreds of playable characters from throughout the saga’s history. It will be possible for players to visit many iconic locations as they progress through the films “in any order, they choose” in order to “create their own unique journey through the galaxy,” according to the developers.
This will be music to the ears of any long-time Star Wars fan, as well as welcome news for any newcomers to the franchise. Especially for those who may have only recently discovered the galaxy far, far away through the Disney+ original series The Book of Boba Fett or the Mandalorian television series on the Disney+ streaming service.
We recently had the opportunity to play a small portion of the game for ourselves and discovered that there was a lot to enjoy, particularly in terms of the combat. Interested in learning more? The following article contains all of the information we have about Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga so far.
Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga: 2022 Release Date
It is currently planned for release on April 5, 2022, in the Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga film series.
Due to a difficult development process, the game’s release date has been confirmed as January 2022 after a few delays the game were experienced. Following the failure to meet an October 2020 release window, the game attempted to meet a ‘Spring 2021’ release window but failed miserably. Following an announcement at Gamescom 2021, we were told that Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga would be released in ‘Spring 2022,’ which has now been narrowed down to April 5, 2022.
Because Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will be available on nearly every platform, including the Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 4, and PC, fans of the Star Wars franchise will be pleased.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga gameplay
When it comes to the usual style of play established in previous LEGO games, The Skywalker Saga introduces a slew of new twists. Players will be able to experience any of the nine Skywalker episodes in any order they see fit while playing this game.
You don’t care for one of the stories? Because the game places the decision in your hands, you should simply ignore it. Redesigned levels are also included in the movies that have already been turned into games by LEGO, providing returning players with a new and improved gaming experience.
Developers also affirmed that there are over 300 characters in the game, many of whom are made available for play in a blog post published on the official Star Wars website in May 2020.
The characters C-3PO, R2D2, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and even the Rancor appeared to us during our hands-on preview of the game.
Some of the characteristics that we are aware of are as follows:
- There are nine classes in the game: Dark Side, Protocol Droid, Scavenger, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter, Jedi, Hero, Villain, and Astromech, to name a few.
- Droids have’stealth,’ which means that their enemies will largely ignore them unless they are provoked.
- You can watch the episodes in any order you want.
- Everyone in each class has their own set of abilities.
- Upgradeable abilities such as increased health, faster sprinting, the ability to see collectibles, and more are available to players.
- There are numerous collectibles, ranging from Kyber Bricks to Minikits.
- Mounts, puzzles, and chance encounters are all part of the game.
- There are a variety of ships to unlock.
- Exploring a large galaxy map with various hub worlds is an excellent way to start. If you’re not ready to continue with the story mission, there is no pressure to do so.
- An unlocked camera that allows you to explore the scene without being restricted to a fixed viewpoint.
- To earn studs, you must create combinations of moves that can be stringed together.
- Characters equipped with Blasters engage in 3rd-person, over-the-shoulder shooter-style combat.
- What Makes Bitcoin Casinos Special? How Do They Work?
- Path of Exile 3.17 Update Release Date: Latest News and Everything We Know So Far
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Release Date, Gameplay Leaks & News
- Horizon Forbidden West Pc Release Date Confirmed, Gameplay & Strategy Guide
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga trailers
We had, of course, already seen a few minutes of gameplay from the game prior to the Gamescom announcement trailer. We were treated to a reveal trailer back in January of this year, which showcased the franchise’s glitzy new visual style, as well as the series’ trademark humor, albeit in a teaser that didn’t appear to demonstrate any gameplay: