All About Canadian Online Casinos that Accept PayPal
The modern iGaming market in Canada is continuing to evolve at a frenetic pace, especially in terms of the regulatory framework in which brands operate and the payment methods available to players.
Interestingly, a growing number of iGaming brands and casinos in Canada now accept PayPal as a matter of course, with this convenient and accessible ewallet offering a number of advantages to players in the digital age.
We’ll explore some of these benefits in the article below, while appraising the top online casinos that accept PayPal payments in 2022. So, let’s get into it!
An Introduction to PayPal
PayPal is a payment platform that emerged at the time of the tech boom at the turn of the century, as it survived the so-called “dot.com” crash and went on to emulate brands such as Amazon as Google in terms of longevity and their evolutionary impact on specific marketplaces.
Like these esteemed peers, PayPal has also continued to evolve consistently over the course of the last 20 years or more, while becoming the world’s dominant ewallet and mobile payment platform and branching into fields such as cryptocurrency in the process.
To this end, some of PayPal’s numbers are staggering. For example, the brand’s annual revenue peaked at $25.4 billion in 2021, with this up considerably from the $21.45 billion generated during the previous 12 months.
In terms of net income, PayPal generated some $4.169 billion in net income in 2021, with a total of 19 billion transactions completed through the platform during the same period. These transactions accounted for more than $1.2 trillion in cumulative volume, which were shared among PayPal’s 426 million verified users and merchants.
In total, PayPal processes approximately $2.5 billion in payments each day, with 41 million transactions completed during each 24-hour period. These values are also up when compared with previous years, with this in part driven by the rising number of casino and remote betting platforms that now accept PayPal across a raft of regulated markets.
Make no mistake; the PayPal casino market is gaining considerable traction and value annually, particularly as the markets in Canada, North America, Ireland and similar entities continue to grow at an exponential rate.
What are the Best PayPal Casinos in Canada?
Before we touch further on the benefits of gambling through PayPal, we thought we’d list three of the best casinos that accept this popular payment method. These include:
- #1. BetMGM: We’ll start with BetMGM, which is particularly active in NA and Canada and was one of the first operators to accept PayPal withdrawals. This is also one of the most secure platforms around with an excellent and diverse games’ library, while the brand has borrowed heavily from the infrastructure provided by the brick-and-mortar casino of the same name. Ultimately, if you’re looking for a viable PayPal casino, you could do far worse than wagering with BetMGM.
- #2. BetRivers: BetRivers is another top iGaming and casino brand, and one that has recently begun to accept both PayPal and Interac as viable payment methods. Currently, the site accepts minimum deposits of $10 through PayPal, while the brand is also known for offering innovative and market leading loyalty schemes and rewards. You can also access quick and professional support here, which helps to ensure a smooth and enjoyable iGaming experience!
- #3. PokerStars: Obviously, PokerStars is the best online site for poker gameplay and tournaments, but it also offers a much broader range of iGaming and remote betting verticals. Once again, the site accepts PayPal payments and minimum deposits of $10 in Canada, while you can also credit your account through a much larger and broader range of methods in 2022.
What are the Benefits of Playing at a PayPal Casino?
Before we go, we thought we’d list some of the main benefits of wagering your hard-earned cash at a casino. Here’s a few to keep in mind:
- #1. Access a Secure Payment Network: Like all reputable online casinos, PayPal boasts minimum standard, 128-bit SSL encryption, which is designed to safeguard your personal data and payment information when active online. This creates an additional layer of security and protection when betting online at a reputable casino, providing even better encryption and making it even harder to hack your sensitive datasets.
- #2. Combine Numerous Payment Methods in a Single Platform: When you have an active, personal PayPal account, you can connect this to both a bank account and credit card. This immediately affords you access to multiple payment methods through a single interface, allowing you to draw funds from different sources depending on your real-time financial circumstances.
- #3. Make Instant and Convenient Payments: PayPal deposits at online casinos are instantaneous, which means that you won’t incur any delays once you’ve opened your new iGaming account. Similarly, withdrawals and payout times through PayPal are incredibly fast, with some transactions completed within the hour depending on the internal processing times listed by specific brands.