The Community Movie Release Date, Cast, Plot, Where To Watch – What We Know So Far
Community’s “six seasons and a movie” is finally coming to our timeline after years of fans begging for it. On September 30, Peacock and Sony Pictures TV announced the community film and generously provided some details about it.
It was an out-of-the-ordinary voyage to get here. The NBC sitcom “Community” ran for five seasons, from 2010 to 2014, thanks to its dedicated but modest audience size. As a result of the fans’ advocacy, Yahoo Screen, a streaming service that is no longer operational, picked it up for a sixth and final season after the network canceled it after Season 5.
Season eight of the comedic series aired in 2015, but it didn’t stop fans from demanding a movie adaptation. When the movie was ultimately announced seven years later, the official community Twitter account said, “You got your movie. Finished yelling at me, please.
Fans will have to wait a little longer, but the picture is in capable hands. Dan Harmon, the show’s original creator, is returning to write the script along with Andrew Guest, a veteran of both 30 Rock and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. See below for the latest details about the Community movie’s cast, plot, and release date. “Here’s the deal, Jessica Biel,” as Britta put it.
The Community Movie Release Date
Considering the film’s recent announcement and the lack of information about its cast or production schedule, an official release date is premature at this point. It’s unlikely that it will come out before late 2023 or, at the earliest, early 2024.
— Community (@CommunityTV) September 30, 2022
The Community Movie Plot
Even though a logline or summary of the movie’s plot hasn’t been released yet, “Community” fans can probably guess that it will involve all of the characters from all of the seasons getting back together.
As a fan, I can only guess that the plot will be about Alison Brie’s character, Annie Eddison, getting a group of Greendale Community College students to help save the school.
Who Stars In The “Community” Movie?
There has been no official news about who will be in the movie or how they will be cast, but I have a good idea of which actors from the show’s six seasons will make cameos.
- Joel McHale returning as Jeff Winger
- Danny Pudi returning as Abed Nadir
- Donald Glover returning as Troy Barnes
- Alison Brie returning as Annie Edison
- Ken Jeong returning as Ben Chang
- Yvette Nicole Brown as Shirley Bennett
- Jim Rash returning as Dean Pelton
- Erik Charles Nielsen returning as Garrett Lambert
- Dino Stamatopoulos returning as Star-Burns
- Danielle Kaplowitz returning as Vicki
- John Oliver returning as Professor Ian Duncan
- Charley Koontz returning as Neil
- Luke Youngblood returning as Magnitude
- Paget Brewster returning as Frankie Dart
- Keith David returning as Elroy Patashnik
- Craig Cackowski returning as Officer Cackowski
- David Neher returning as Todd
- Jordan Black returning as Dean Spreck
- Eric Christian Olsen returning as Vaughn
- Rob Corddry returning as Alan Connor
Where Can I Watch The ‘Community’Movie?
You’ve been asking @Communitytv fans, and it’s finally time. #sixseasonsandamovieOnPeacock pic.twitter.com/qlXmEDOPG2
— Peacock (@peacock) September 30, 2022
It has been revealed that the film will only be available on the Peacock streaming platform. Both existing fans and potential new viewers can enjoy the film on Peacock if they happen to be located in a country where the service is made available.
Viewers in non-broadcast regions may be able to watch Peacock until it is made available through NBC/regional Universal’s broadcast partner(s) in that territory, or until it is released on Blu-ray, DVD, or digital rental/download.