People who love to read were happy to hear that “Little Fires Everywhere,” a book by Celeste Ng would be made into a movie, and for good reason. The story takes place in the 1990s, but it feels like it could have been written today.
In Shaker Heights, Ohio, “Little Fires Everywhere” follows the lives of two mothers whose different backgrounds cause them to clash. Elena Richardson, played by Reese Witherspoon, is a White woman who is very organized and wants to be perfect and normal. Mia Warren, played by Kerry Washington, is a Black artist who moves around and lives in the present. She has run away from her past. Pearl, who is played by Lexi Underwood, wants the structure of the Richardsons, while Izzy, who is played by Megan Stott, looks up to Mia’s way of life.
Both the book and the series were well received, with the series getting a 78 percent rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes. Both of them dealt with issues of race, found family vs. biological family, and identity. Even though there is no confirmation of a second season and most of the source material has been used up, the story can still go in some new directions after the show ends.
- Snowfall Season 6 Officially Renewed For Early 2023, Release Date & More Updates
- Lincoln Lawyer Season 2 Possible Release Date, Plot, And Everything You Need To Know in 2022
When will Season 2 of Little Fires Everywhere be released?
As of now, there is no information about Season 2, let alone a date for its release. The show’s screenwriter, Liz Tigelaar, says she wants to keep the story going. “This was the best creative experience of my life, so I would love to do a second season,” she told Vulture. Tigelaar liked working on the show, but she admitted that it would be hard to bring Mia and Elena together because of their rocky relationship. If they did something else, it would be more like a spin-off.
Celeste Ng, who wrote “Little Fires Everywhere,” talked about her thoughts on whether or not there should be another season. “Right? You never say never. I might hear from these characters again with an idea for more stories that need to be told.” But Ng also thought that the ending gave fans enough information to guess what would happen next to these characters.
If the characters do come back to Ng and Tigelaar, it’s a safe bet that Season 2 won’t come out for a while.
- Better Call Saul Season 6 Episode 7 Release Date, Time, Promo & More Updates
- Legacies Season 4 Episode 19 Release Date, Promo, Previous Recap & More Details
Little Fires Everywhere Season 2 Plot
Celeste Ng’s story was meant to stand on its own, so fans can only guess what might happen in a new season if there is one. In the original story, Mia and Pearl leave, Elena, who spends the rest of her life looking for Izzy, who ran away after setting the fires, and the McCulloughs spend thousands of dollars looking for their kidnapped adopted daughter, but they never find her.
But the ending was changed a little bit for the TV show. Elena tells Izzy that she didn’t want her, so her daughter leaves. Mia makes up with her parents and shows Pearl to them. Maribel McCullough is also taken from her home in the show, but her parents’ plans to get her back are never shown.
We can’t help but wonder what will happen to these characters now. As Pearl learns more about her mother and her family, her grandparents might help her have a more organized life. Maybe, like in the original ending, the McCulloughs will look for Bebe Chow, and maybe this time they will find her and talk to her. No matter what happens, as Ng said, the ending has given fans enough to think about what could happen next.
Season 1 Cast of Little Fires Everywhere:
- Reese Witherspoon as Elena Richardson, a journalist, landlady, and mother of four teenagers.
- Kerry Washington as Mia Warren, a talented artist who works part-time as a waitress, and is Pearl’s mother.
- Joshua Jackson is Bill Richardson, Elena’s husband, and a lawyer.
- Rosemarie DeWitt as Linda McCullough, Elena’s childhood friend.
- Jade Pettyjohn is Lexie Richardson, Elena’s and Bill’s elder daughter, and a straight-A student.
- Lexi Underwood as Pearl Warren, Mia’s daughter, gifted student, and budding poet.
- Megan Stott as Izzy Richardson, Elena’s and Bill’s younger daughter, an artist and the black sheep of the family.
- Gavin Lewis is Moody Richardson, Elena’s and Bill’s younger son.
- Jordan Elsass as Trip Richardson, Elena’s and Bill’s older son, a popular jock.